Explore the Night with Tia
Discover the creatures and wonders of the world at night with Tia.
- Sit with your child while playing Explore the Night with Tia
- Take turns finding the different stickers
- Take turns choosing which tool to use to find each item
- Talk to your child about where he/she would see the night time items, for example: "Where do you think the owls will be?" or "Would we use the magnifying glass to see the moon?"
Playing Explore the Night with Tia helps your child meet many expectations of the Ontario Kindergarten Program including the following:
Science and Technology
Demonstrate an understanding of the natural world and the need to care for and respect the environment
Go exploring with your child! He/she will love it, and so will you!
- Find a magnifying glass (you can find them at the dollar store), bring a camera if you have one, and a notebook.
- Go on a nature hike and take photos and notes of the animals and insects you see around you.
- Go on the same nature hike on a different day, but at a different time of day, and jot down the different animals and insects you see in the same notebook.
There are many wonderful places to explore!
- Dig in the sand with your child, going as deep as you can, and talk about how the sand looks different the deeper you go.
- Turn over a big rock in a garden, park, or conservation area, and look at all the wonderful insects that live under the rock.
- Take an empty plastic container with you to an area with a pond or stream and take a scoopful of the water. Talk about what you see in the water.
Go star gazing!
- Get a blanket and lay outside with your child at night in a park, your yard, or your balcony.
- Talk about the different sounds you hear.
- Try to count the stars you see!