Viking Winter Word Hunt
Help the Vikings, Helga and Franz, solve these fun winter word puzzles!
- Take turns choosing letters with your child.
- Discuss with your child whether his/her letter choice is suitable or not (e.g., trying to put too many consonants or vowels together in a word.)
- Once some letters are in place, try guessing the word!
Playing Viking Winter Word Hunt is a fun way for your children to learn how to spell different words related to winter fun!
1. Read and demonstrate an understanding of a variety of literary, graphic, and informational texts, using a range of strategies to construct meaning
3.1 Spell some high-frequency words correctly
3.2 Spell unfamiliar words using a variety of strategies that involve understanding sound-symbol relationships, word structures, and word meanings
- Play hangman at home with your child! You can do this either with pencil and paper, or use scrabble tiles, either way is lots of fun, and will help your child learn how to spell different words that are relevant to him/her. Take turns making hangman puzzles for each other.
- Playing word games helps your child develop strong reading and writing skills. Introduce your child to as many different kinds of word games and puzzles as you possibly can, whether on the computer, using pencil or paper, or walking through the neighbourhood, there are lots of opportunities for playing with words every day!