We've explored the extreme challenges of helping Aboriginal kids get a fair shake at their education. From looking back at the history of education, to the future, to recognizing and embracing the Aboriginal cultures, to understanding what it's like for a child and family to come to the city from the reserve to get the best schooling they can for their child - all of it extreme...all of it challenging.
- The Past & Present watch video
- Solutions for the Future watch video
- Bringing Back Culture to the Classroom read more
- Grand Chief Stan Beardy on the Aboriginal Youth Crisis watch video
- Aboriginal Education in Timmins watch video
- James Bartleman & the Challenges of Being an Aboriginal Youth watch video
- Where Do They Fit In? read more
- Joseph Boyden on Writing About Aboriginal Experience watch video
- Where is Full Day Kindergarten for Reserve Schools? watch video
- Drew Hayden Taylor on Storytelling from the First Nations Perspective watch video
- Strangers in Their Own Land read more
- Inside the Timmins Native Friendship Centre watch video
Our producers have pulled together a number of blogs and articles you will find interesting.
From TVOKids for your kids...
Other Resources For You