No more sleeping in, no more lazy afternoons at the neighbourhood pool, it's time to bring the lunch bags out of storage, and head on down to the mall for some new clothes, backpacks, sheets of lined paper and binders. In other words, it's time to get ready for back to school.
Whether your child is starting kindergarten this year, or whether your kid is an old pro at going back to school, we have everything you ned to help your child feel prepared, relatively calm, and ready to learn.
Remember to bookmark this page-- we update it often!
- Top ten tips to prep for the first day of kindergarten. read more
- Transitions: Help your child start Grade One read more
- Transitions: Help your child start middle school read more
- Transitions: Help your child start Grade 9 read more
- A primer on full-day kindergarten. read more
- What to expect of your 4-year-old. read more
- What to expect of your 5-year-old. read more
- New to Ontario schools? Read this (available in YOUR language). read more
- Play-based kindergarten: How kids play to learn. read more
- Tips on playing to learn at home. read more
- Get homework help with TVOKids Homework Zone (up to Grade 6). read more
- Homework Help offers free online math tutoring for kids in grades 7-10. read more
TVOKids has games and activities all based on the Ontario curriculum. Here are just a few of them:
Here are more resources that will help with those first days back.