Teaching kids about the environment has broad implications - not just for nature, but for the kids themselves and their role in civic society...as citizens. It's about making sure kids know their rights; that those rights come with responsibilities - to each other, to their community, and to the world around them. So it's about more than just voting. It's about building character and giving back to community however you can. So, we've rolled our civics and environment stuff into one place for you.
Remember to bookmark this page-- we update it often!
- Eco-literacy & the Solar Inventors read more
- Books for Budding Activists read more
- For a Good Cause watch video
- The Environment: Go Green! read more
- Why Nature is So Important for Kids watch video
- Getting Kids Interested in Elections watch video
- The We Generation: Getting Kids to Give Back watch video
- The Environment Curriculum: What Kids Learn read more
- Character Education: What Does it Mean? watch video
We've trolled through our archive and found a number of articles that tackle the topics of environment, citizenship and what they mean.
You'd be amazed at the tools, resources and features at Civics 101. Here is just a sampling...
TVOKids has some great stuff for your kids to help them learn about Canada and what citizenship means...