Fostering a love of music is one of the most helpful things a parent can do to support their child's learning and success in life. Research shows music plays a part in children's intellectual development and results in higher grades in school.
So, just how does music help with learning? What can you do as a parent to help support a love for and understanding of music in your home? And what's the best approach to starting your child playing an instrument? Check out our resources below for the answers to these and many other questions about music and your child's learning.
- Starting An Instrument Read More»
- Parent Tipsheet Read More»
- Provincial Music Curriculum Read More»
- TVOKids Family Jam Read More»
- Music Helps Kids At Risk Watch Video»
- Rocker Talks Kids, Music Read More»
- Music and Your Child Watch Video»
- From Hip Hop to Yale Watch Video»
- Rapping to the Classics Watch Video»
More TVOParents Articles, Blogs and Videos on Music and Learning
More TVOKids Resources for You and Your Child