TVOParents has partnered with Infant Mental Health Promotion at Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children to educate parents about the importance of healthy brain development in the early years of a child's life.
Your child's healthy development relies almost entirely on the parent-child bond. Young children need to have a secure relationship with at least one parent or caregiver in order to develop socially, emotionally, and cognitively.
Below you will find tipsheets and videos created by or with the experts at Infant Mental Health at Sickkids.
We have organized everything we've created so far according to themes - for example we explore how stress can affect your child's development, and what you can do to mitigate the effects of stress by relating and responding to your child in appropriate ways.We hope you find this information useful!
Remember to bookmark this page-- we update it often!
- The Parent-Child Bond: Why is it important? read more »
- Stress: The impact of stress on early brain development. read more »
- Social Development: How relationships help your child learn. read more »
- Language, Literacy and your child's brain. read more »
- Transitions: Helping your child cope with change. read more »
- Poverty: The impact of poverty on the brain. read more »
- Stimulating Young Minds: Expert Tips read more »
- Your Child's Behaviour read more »
- Empathy: Raising kind, caring kids read more »
- Digital Media: What's Good? What's Bad? read more »
- Your Child's Environment read more »
- Your Child's Emotions read more »
- Your Child's Physical Health read more »
More on Our Partners