Reading to your child is one of the most important things you can do for them. Experts agree that kids who have parents who read to them, and around them, do better in school and have stronger communication skills.
Whether you need to learn how to read to your child, want some new book suggestions, or want to know more about the research, we have everything you need to know to make reading fun for your family.
Remember to bookmark this page-- we update it often!
- How Do Kids Learn to Read? watch video
- Reading is not Natural watch video
- Is it Ever Too Late to Read? watch video
- How do Teachers Grade Writing? read more
- Is Your Child Reading at the Right Level? read more
- Family Literacy: An Infographic read more
- TVOParents Book Club read more
- Reading with your Preschooler: The Storytime Checklist read more
- An Interview with Robert Munsch watch video
- Munsch sings 'Love You Forever' watch video
- The Connection Between Reading and Empathy watch video
- Abdominal and the Scarlet Letter in Rap watch video
TVOParents Articles on Reading & Writing
Fun Stuff from TVOKids - for you and your kids